Thursday, January 20, 2011

Chapters 1 and 2 Posts

Chapter 1
1. One television program that I used to like when I was younger was the Nickelodeon TV show Rugrats. Every Saturday morning, I would wake up to watch it in our living room and would always laugh on how those babies would make the simplest things an adventure. When I got older, I started getting over them because it was becoming more of a child’s television program. I think that I started getting over Rugrats was because that I was becoming older and that I started to think that the program was best suited for a young child to watch. I believe that watching the Rugrats as a child has really helped me shape my identity because I really like working with younger children and helping them out with whatever problems they need help with.

4. One thing that I will condemn on is the television show that is on Comedy Central, South Park. A brief description of the show is that it is based on a small town called South Park, Colorado and the town’s people get into all sorts of situations that deal with things that are currently going on in the world today. I really do find some of the things that are displayed from that show really offensive. I’ve analyzed that this show has been shown on television for almost 15 years and still continuing. My interpretation of the show is that it just makes fun of the things that go on in the world today and that it makes offense of people and ridicules them. My evaluation on this is that I am really surprised that the producers of this show have not been sued yet. I would say that some people should not be fully engaged to watch this show because it would really hurt their feelings and that they would wind up hurting some people.

Chapter 2
1. My first encounter with the Internet was really outstanding. It was much better than my experiences with my CD player and with my calculator. It hardly compares to my experiences with my other devices because through the Internet, I was able to view web sites that gave information about upcoming movies that came into theaters and about what products from certain department stores’ web sites were available. When I discovered YouTube on the Internet, I enjoyed it more than listening to my CD player, but I still used it at several occasions. Discovering the new ways of looking up information for research projects also helped me better than looking up the books in my school’s library. Learning how to use the Internet was the best thing ever.

2. Some of the possibilities of the Internet’s future that I am excited about are discovering new ways to make the Internet run must faster in our homes and that we will be able to retrieve our information much quicker than ever. The reason for this possibility is that reason is that most people receive information from their computer real slow and that there are people want the information to come faster. But one thing that is troubling is that the computers in the world could come alive or a simple computer virus suddenly starts to think for itself and starts taking control of all the computers in the world. Just like in the third Terminator movie. With the way the Internet works and how computers can be set to times to run certain programs, it could become possible.

No comments:

Post a Comment