Thursday, January 27, 2011

Chapters 3 & 4 Postings

Chapter 3
1. My favorite music group that like when I was younger was actually N*SYNC. I know it sounds completely childish, but I was a child and I was interested in music. I was about 9-years-old when I first liked them. I even went to one of their concerts when they were in Charlotte. It was around when I was about 13-years-old. The reason that I think that this music was important because it got me started into listening to more music and get me started into singing chorus for seven years in middle school and in high school. I know it also got me into listening to more of not only their other CDs but to other popular groups and musicians.

5. I think that the Internet does both hurts and helps musical artists in many different ways. The Internet can be used to help promote their upcoming concerts and to advertise their albums. Also, their fans can also post pictures of them while they are at premieres or at awards shows. One thing that can hurt them is that if they are caught doing something that is against the law and the news broadcast it on the television, then there will be videos of them being publically embarrassed and it will make their fans lose interest in them and will think that they are just a joke and that they do not deserve where their reputations as musical artists.

Chapter 4
1. My earliest memory of listening to the radio for the very first time was when I was a freshman in high school. I was actually 15-years-old when I first listened to the radio while getting ready for school. Then after that, I was paying attention to the morning show on 107.5 and that they were doing the secret sound contest. I also liked some of the different phone calls that they were getting and hearing the different stories that were coming in and whatever the stories were about. The stories were really funny and some were just hurtful to hear on the radio. But I also liked the music that they played on the station and that they did some games that involved the music, including playing the music that was written by an artist that went to my high school who graduated a year before me.

5. I think that the radio could be used to improve the social and political discussions in the United States by making sure that the radio station show’s hosts try to stay on topic on whatever they are talking about. There are radio talk show host who can easily get off topic on the discussions that they are talking about while doing their shows. I have experienced this while listening to one radio show on a station back home. They can even get off topic when they have a guest on their shows and do it while they are in the middle of an interview with them. I believe that would be a way to improve the situation.

No comments:

Post a Comment