Thursday, February 10, 2011

Chapter 5 Post

Chapter 5:


1. Describe your earliest memories of watching television. What was your favorite show? Which, if any, shows did your family watch together? Were there shows that you were not allowed to watch? Which ones and why? My favorite television show when I was young was Stargate Atlantis. It is a spin off from the original Stargate SG-1 to where an expedition team goes to another galaxy and encounters the lost city of Atlantis. The expedition also finds new technology and deals new enemies in this galaxy. This show always kept me at my feet. One show that my family would watch together was CSI. We always watched this show to help us understand science much better and also to see some of the laughs and the crime scene investigators would solve the crimes and would get puzzled after each case. There were not a lot of shows that my parents didn’t want me to watch, so I was able to watch anything before I went to bed.


2. How much television do you watch today? Which programs do you try to watch regularly? What attracts you to your favorite program(s)? The amount of television that I watch today is around six hours during the day. The hours will vary throughout the weeks due the amount of time that I am away from my room. I love to watch a lot of television in order to keep up with today’s society. The programs that I watch regularly are Friends, Criminal Minds, and CSI: NY. What attracts me to these shows is that I like what they are about and that they give me wonderful entertainment. For example, Friends is a comedy show and the stuff that the cast do and whatever they get into makes me laugh and brings me joy.

No comments:

Post a Comment