Thursday, March 10, 2011

Chapter 9

Chapter 9
1. What are your earliest recollections of magazines? Which magazines do you read regularly today? Why? My earliest recollections of magazines were when I was around 9-years-old. I always got subscriptions of National Geographic almost every month. The funny thing was that, I hardly ever read the magazines. But I also read some of the interesting articles that I was interested. The magazines that I read today, is People magazine and read on what is going on with the celebrities in today’s society. I do not get the subscriptions in the mail like everyone does; I would usually read them while I am sitting in the waiting room of a doctor’s office or at a local book store.

7. Do you think the Internet will eventually displace magazines? Why or why not?
I think that the Internet will displace magazines because all the magazine publishing companies are now posting the articles online to the magazine’s website. It just like the newspaper companies now going online and posting their articles it would not have been long before magazine publishers started doing the same. Another thing is that if the magazines could not have put enough stories on the magazine subscriptions, then they could at least put the stories that were unable to be put on the subscriptions on the Internet. More people look up things and articles on the Internet more than they do from reading the magazines.

No comments:

Post a Comment